We are pleased to welcome our newest family member - Big Fish Events - as…
What #SperryLoves This Week: Inaugural Post
In the event industry, there is so much material to take in on any given day, so many pretty things to see and creative event planning to emulate, that it can be overwhelming at times. A stunning bridal gown to Pin here, vintage florals to cherish there, trends to read up on yesterday, a new blog to follow today. You want to see if all without missing a beat, no matter your busy schedule and periodic travel outages.
But despair not! We are launching a new blog installment called “What #SperryLoves,” a weekly roundup of fun articles to read, inspiring events to see, and industry news to digest. We’ll be including wedding inspiration from around the world as well as news from our exclusive network of providers – because they rock!
If you have anything you’d like us to consider featuring, please email Marketing Director Jen Sperry at email@example.com.
– Congrats to our Western CT and NY-area provider The Greenwich Tent Co. on their newly launched website. If you aren’t following them on Instagram, then you’re missing out on some standout outdoor event design.
– Guys will be guys: love this celebration of all things groom by 100 Layer Cake: masculine cakes, cocktails, boutonnieres, and more.
– Who can resist a quintessential English wedding held at a private estate in Oxfordshire? We certainly can’t, so here it is on GreyLikesWeddings.com, with a setup by one of our UK providers, PapaKata.
– With England on the mind, here’s some tabletop decor inspiration from the fabulous free-spirited UK blog Festival Brides : 5 different designs that fall into the category of elegant bohemian.
– Heading south, we are pleased as punch to revisit this Sperry Tented wedding, held in the tropics of Colombia and featured on Vogue.com. With a setup by our Colombian provider Vento Tents, this marriage of a New York actress to an Italian furniture designer is well worth the look. No wonder the festivities lasted until 9 a.m. the next morning.
– Kudos to our West Coast provider Zephyr Tents for being named one of Brides magazine’s top five rental companies to use for San Francisco-area weddings.
– Most of you are already Instagram gurus, but who doesn’t need more followers? This article by Melyssa Griffin, “11 Surefire Ways to Grow Your Instagram Followers,” has some great tips.
– Last week we collaborated with Style Me Pretty on its #SMPWedding101 series, and of course our topic was “How to Ensure a Successful Outdoor Event.” Worth sharing with anyone who’s interested in a tented wedding reception or rehearsal dinner.
– We are lucky that Sperry Tented weddings are covered regularly by Style Me Pretty, and this one, held at a historic house-turned-museum just outside Orlando, Florida, with a setup by Sperry Tents Miami, has the most stunning florals you might ever see.
– Who says bigger is always better? Loving the trend of either one single or a grouping of small wedding cakes. Here are some great ones on MarthaStewartWeddings.com.
– Did you hear that Ina and Jeffrey Garten bought a new apartment on Manhattan’s Upper East Side? Check out the pics on Forbes.com (her new cookbook, Cooking with Jeffrey, comes out this October).
– It’s been ten years since Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Tatum met on the set of Step Up. Now married, they didn’t let the anniversary pass without a little dance move redo on Jenna’s Instagram (she has 3.1 million followers). Commenters unanimously agreed that their own husbands would have dropped them for sure.
– A rare blue lobster – weighing in at 2 pounds! – caught off the coast of Plymouth, MA, per the Boston Globe.
– In case you missed it, we posted a fabulous Maine wedding, with a setup in Kennebunk by Sperry Tents Seacoast, on the blog last week.