Whew, our offices are BUSY right now, and we are being tagged left and right at events across the country and abroad! But we still have an exciting roundup of event news to share this week. Let’s get started:
– We tented yet another Kennedy wedding last weekend. Held at the bride’s parents’ home in eastern CT, the wedding of Abby Elliott (star of Odd Mom Out) and Bill Kennedy (writer for House of Cards) was a beautiful backyard affair perfectly planned by True Event. Here’s a writeup about the day’s festivities by Martha Stewart Weddings editor Shira Savada on marthastewartweddings.com – and, bonus! It’s going to appear in print in an upcoming MS Weddings issue. Hurray!
– One of newest providers, Sperry Tents Australia, hit the ground running and then some, tenting some truly spectacular events since their start about a year ago. We aren’t at all surprised that they’ve just received their first feature on Hello May – it’s a beautiful French Bohemian-styled wedding in Queensland that you’re going to want to check out. And following Sperry Tents Australia’s Instagram is a must.
– Want to see Sir Paul McCartney and Jimmy Buffett under a Sperry Tent in the Hamptons? You know you do – here it is on @jimmybuffett’s Instagram.
– Fun seeing a Sperry Tents setup bound for Oklahoma from Texas via loaded truck. Follow our TX provider Whim Hospitality on Twitter to keep up with their news!
– The new iPhone 7 is coming out – but did you know it doesn’t have a headphone jack anymore?
– What a former wedding planner wishes you engaged couples out there knew, complete with a tent story, on Refinery 29.
– Think you are a true ACK (Nantucket) devotee? Check out this Town & Country list to see if you qualify: “50 Signs You Go to Nantucket.”
– #NYFW started. Here’s the official lineup of shows, and here is a review of Kanye’s contribution on USA Today (in case you’ve been living under a rock).